Monday, December 8, 2008

Piece of Cake?

There's nothing more delicious than a commercial cake made with refined flour and that buttery, whipped-up frosting that goes down the esophagus smoother than a chola puts on her quinceanera lip-liner. I recently stumbled across one of the funniest blogs I've ever seen, Cakewrecks, devoted exclusively to shoddy professional cake jobs.



Obviously some poor soul with a #5 Wilton pipebag had some serious transliteration issues. I think the saddest thing about this website is the fact that all of the cakes were professionally made, meaning people actually paid money for this tripe. Yeesh. At least it makes me feel better about the time I made a cake in the shape of an amphora by Exekias and won first place in a high school Latin competition, which is almost as bad as winning a Razzie for atrocious acting in Gigli. I also once made a cake with integral and derivative equations piped on the side for a calculus class, because it was either distraction through baked goods or the game-where-we-make-each-other-pass-out to help us get through that God-awful hour and ten minutes in second period. I might have fared poorly on the A.P. exam, but at least my sweet tooth and nerdy confectionery penchant were fully satisfied.

No comments: