I think it's cute what you are doing, really. Who would have thought an obesity tax on regular soda could help to mitigate New York's $15 billion deficit? This seems somewhat problematic to me because first of all, diet soda makes you fatter anyway. And second, Coke is the least of a New Yorker's worries:
- Bagel with schmear: 450 calories, 21 g fat
- NY-style cheese pizza slice: 460 calories, 13 g fat
- Hot dog: 309 calories, 20 g fat
- Cheesecake: 980 calories, 69 g fat
- NY strip steak: 450 calories, 28 g fat
I guess the point of this post is, does ANYONE out there listen to Paris Hilton anymore?!